Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thanks ya'all...


Dear Family and Friends,
I am humbled to realize that there is a literal army of people on their knees lifting me, my cancer and my family up to the Lord. There are also tons of you sending good vibes, wishing on stars, focused on the positives, lighting candles, sending thoughts and a slew of other ways to rub goodness and health off on me.
To each one of you… thank you.

We will keep you updated on the results of surgery and recovery. I hope that I will soon be back to posts about funny things Nathan says or sharing about the silly ways that I have spent the day. The support we have received is amazing and I have truly felt carried these past few days.

Love to you all,
Kelly
 


To my Brothers and Sisters in Christ I have a request….

This week I have been reminded of something that Eric and I have learned together over the past several years.

When we pray, pray to God for who He is, not for what He can do.

He is healer.

He is stronger.

He is with us.

He is gracious.

He is holy.

He is a refuge.

He is supernatural.

He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

He is knowing.

He is good.

He is loving.

He is just.

He is Father.

He is merciful.

He is faithful.

He is mighty.

He is in control.

Regardless of what they discover tomorrow, God is good. You see, while I am exhausted from several years of transition and pain, I know these experiences have toughened me/us up for this fight.

So tonight, I pray for a miracle, because he is the miracle maker. 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Kelly, I am just now reading people's comments on facebook and found your link to your blog about your cancer and surgery. I wanted to make sure you knew Jake, the kids and I will be praying for you down here in San Diego. You know it sister, the Lord is good, He is the healer and He is in control. We will rejoice for the good work He is doing in you.
    -Sharon Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelly, I have just been reading posts of yours and Eric's. We have not met, may never this side of Glory, but via Clair Bone, I have learned of you and your journey, having walked one similar, I want you to know I will be praying for you and your family. My mantra through out my journey, was Is God sovereign? Yes! Is He faithful? Yes! Than if He is sovereign and faithful, He is trustworthy! Know that one in WA state, has you covered.

    ReplyDelete